I have a confession. I don't always do the right thing when it comes to non-toxic makeup. I try my best, but when I'm getting home at 2 in the morning after a rockin' gig, it's all I can do to remember to actually take off my makeup before I crash.
So, instead of using my awesome eye makeup remover, I usually reach for a towelette. I know, I know ... The waste! The parabens! Ugh! So when I ran across Blûm Naturals Daily Cleansing & Makeup Remover Towelettes at Pharmaca, I was excited at the prospect of ruling out at least one of those problems.
The towelettes score a 1 at EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database - not too shabby. And the ingredient list reads more like a spa menu than a beauty product. But would they work?
Sadly, not so much. They smell good, and they do an OK job of taking off blush & base, but eye makeup? Forget it. Even after scrubbing until my eyes were red, I was left with big black raccoon eyes (and this was a light makeup night for me). Boo!
The good news? Looks like I'll be taking the extra 3 minutes to use my eye makeup remover before I go to bed - that'll eliminate the paraben problem AND the waste.
Ingredients
Aqua (Water)
Decyl Glucoside (sugar-derived)
Organic Chomomile Extract
Organic Aloe Vera Extract
Lavender Oil
Vanilla Oil
Patchouli Oil
Gluconolactone
Sodium Benzoate (naturally-derived; salt preservative)
Glycerin

No comments:
Post a Comment