I love making my own personal care products on the weekends. It's so fun to go into the kitchen and whip up a new deodorant, lotion or facial oil. But let's face it: like you, I'm a busy girl. As much as I enjoy it, I don't always have time to play amateur chemist in the kitchen. Purchasing products is a lot easier & more efficient. It's just figuring out whether they're non-toxic that can be annoying. One of the reasons I started this blog was to identify really good non-toxic products that actually work.
So I'm happy to report that Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Liquid Soap fits the bill. I love this stuff. It's all-natural and organic, contains very few ingredients, scores a 1 over at the Cosmetics Database, and best of all, it works. It has a nice lather when you use it with a loofah, and a little goes a long way. It's $16.99 for a 32-oz bottle - super affordable when comparing to somewhere like L'Occitane.
Dr. Bronner's also makes great scented liquid soaps - if fragrance doesn't bother you, I highly recommend those as well.
INGREDIENTS:
Water
Organic Coconut Oil*
Potassium Hydroxide** (lye)
Organic Olive Oil*
Organic Hemp Oil
Organic Jojoba Oil
Citric Acid
Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
*CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS
**None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin
No comments:
Post a Comment