Thursday, May 10, 2012

Product Review: ZuZu Luxe Oil-Free Liquid Foundation

On the hunt to replace my L'Oreal TrueMatch Super Blendable Makeup with a less toxic alternative, I decided to give Gabriel Cosmetics' ZuZu Luxe Oil-Free Liquid Foundation a whirl.

Powdered or mineral foundations can dry out my skin, and I like the "dewy" look of liquid foundation - especially with summer approaching - so it was important to me to find a good non-toxic liquid option.

I tried the R-6 color, and it is an absolutely perfect match for my skin tone. In terms of coverage, the ZuZu Luxe liquid foundation is extremely light - much more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. It's also quite streaky when applied with a foundation brush. It looks much better when applied with fingertips.

Bottom line:
The ZuZu Luxe Oil-Free Liquid Foundation doesn't stand up to other foundations in terms of coverage and blendability. As a tinted moisturizer, however, it's ideal for light coverage and daily use.

Price:
I bought it at my local Pharmaca for $29.99, but a Google search revealed that I probably could have found it for less online.

I should also clarify that, while the data is extremely limited, the L'Oreal TrueMatch foundation has a pretty low toxicity score of 4 over at EWG's Cosmetics Database. So it's not necessarily terrible in the first place. I may keep it around for those few times when I need heavy coverage.

Ingredient List:
Aqua (Infusion of Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice)
Glycerin
Cetearyl Alcohol
Ascorbyl Palmitate
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract
Tocopheryl Acetate
Limonene
Cellulose Gum
Lecithin
Silica
Mica
Xanthan Gum
Cetyl Alcohol
Kaolin
Iron Oxides
Ultra Marines
Titanium Dioxide
Potassium Sorbate

No comments:

Post a Comment